Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Organic Candle Company Review



I was thrilled yesterday when I received a box in the mail from the Organic Candle Company.  After reading about their candles on their website, I was very anxious to try their Organic candles.  I'm a candle lover, but in the past I haven't thought much about whether a candle is "organic" or not.  Everyone thinks about that lately when it comes to food, but why would it be important to "think organic" when it comes to candles.... I didn't know, so I checked out more on their website (click here).

What I found was that most candles are paraffin which is petroleum industry waste.  This waste is bleached and then textured with chemicals.  They are scented with artificial oils.  Burning these candles can produce toxins that you are releasing into the air that you breathe.

Candles from the Organic Candle Company are made from 100% pure, unbleached, all natural beeswax.  Their candles are naturally hypoallergenic and do not produce the toxins or soot common to commercially produced candles during burning.  Organic candles from the Organic Candle Company are long lasting and clean burning.  I love burning candles.  I'm home with the kids all the time and you can usually find a candle burning in my home if we are home.  I think it's important to consider what you are putting into the air you are breathing, especially if you are a candle lover like I am!

The Organic Candle Company generously sent me two candles.  They sent a 7 oz candle in "Organic Clove Bud" and a 3 oz in "Organic Sunshine Spice".  

The scent of each candle was great even prior to burning.  The scents were strong - especially the clove candle.  I personally like the scent of clove, but if you didn't, the scent might be too strong.  

You can tell right away that these candles are different than candles you might normally purchase.  The wax is "soft".  The candle does burn cleanly without "smoking" from the flame like you might get from commercially produced candles.

If you are interested in 100% organic candles, check out the Organic Candle Company.  They are having a great sale on their candles right now, so hurry over!  

Their website is:  www.organiccandlecompany.com

They have some great scents for you to try.  If you like clove, I would highly recommend the clove bud candle!

Charity
aka - "Quality Mom"




1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of independently selling this brand :) thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete