Friday, August 3, 2012

Pattycakes

The other day I was a woman on a mission.  I was having family over in just a few days for my daughter's dedication at church.  Sara joined our family about a year and a half ago from Ethiopia.  We wanted to have her dedication right away, but we were in the middle of finding our new church home.  We decided to wait until we got settled in to dedicate her.  Well, we found our church home and this Sunday is the date. I was going all over town looking for an appropriate outfit for the day.  

I didn't need a "baby dedication" gown.  I didn't need something frilly or fancy... I just needed something cute and comfortable for my daughter.  She would be walking up in front of the church on her own, but likely when we get up there, she is going to want to be held... so I wanted something that wouldn't show her panties when I held her.  I wanted a cute, dressy pant outfit.
She suddenly looks so mature in this outfit... not my "baby" anymore

After going to all the department stores and finding nothing, Pattycakes came to mind.  I'm so glad we made the trip there.  Pattycakes is a consignment shop as well as a darling children's boutique carrying new items.  We stopped there and when I walked in the door, I found this outfit immediately.  
The outfit is perfect for the occasion.  The boutique items at Pattycakes are always well made and absolutely adorable.  I'm a mom concerned with quality, comfort and "washability" for my kids' clothing and this outfit in particular will stand up to the quality, comfort and "washability" test.  It'll take some time ironing it after it is washed - but for the amount of "cuteness" it affords, it's well worth the ironing time.

Speaking of what it's worth... I was surprised at the affordability of the outfit.  It was less expensive than some of the not so cute dresses I was looking at, at the department stores.  I topped the outfit off with a pair of almost never worn sandals with a tiny little heel, and she will be perfectly set for her dedication day.  

If you are looking for a quality consignment shop or children's boutique in the Florence, SC area, Pattycakes is the place to go.  They have well organized racks of "gently used" children's clothing and a lot of it.  They go through their clothing and will not put certain items on their racks.  While we were there,  I saw one of the employees turn away an item because it was not "sellable" by their standards.  If you need boutique items or high end new shoes you can find them at Pattycakes as well.  The shoes were a bit pricey, but sometimes you have to pay the higher price if you can't find what you are looking for somewhere else.  They are high quality shoes though.

Pattycakes has recently relocated and is in the shopping plaza on second loop next to Piggly Wiggly and Fox's Pizza.  You can find them on the web here.

Charity
"Quality Mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment