Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lost Creek Candle Company - Review

Lost Creek Candle Company - the name just sounds relaxing!  I was pleased when the great people at Lost Creek Candle Company gave me an opportunity to review two of their great products.  If you check out their website here, you will find that they have a wide variety of products, not just candles.  Two of their main products are candles and Nature's Magic skin care products.  I was able to review both of these products.
Tarts

The first item I was able to review was a votive in Red Hot Cinnamon.  Remember when you were a kid and you were decorating Christmas cookies and your grandmother would bring out a bag of red hots?  You would open the bag and the scent of cinnamon would almost burn your nose - and you LOVED it!  You could almost taste them, just by smelling them.  That is the scent that is captured in this candle.  If you prefer outdoor scents to the "homey" scents, they have those too.  They have 24 different candle scents for you to choose from.  The votives are expected to burn 15-18 hours.  You can also make "tarts" out of the votives, simply by removing the wick and cutting the votive in half prior to burning.  

The second product I was able to review was the Nature's Magic skin cream.  Nature's Magic is an all natural skin cream.  If you visit the website here, you will find the list of all natural ingredients that are used in this product as well as uses for the product.  I began using the skin cream right after I received it.  The cream I tried had a very light scent, definitely nothing overwhelming and nothing that would conflict with any other scent you might be wearing.  I have very dry skin, so I was looking forward to seeing how this product would work.  I put lotion on probably several times a day.  My kids actually make jokes about it, because it seems to be an obsession of mine.  I just don't like that feeling of tight, dry skin.  With Nature's Magic, a little goes a long way.  I was surprised when the web page said you could use an amount the size of a pea and have coverage over both hands.  I tried it and indeed it worked.  I was able to not only use it on my hands, but my elbows as well.  I found that if I used it after my shower in the morning, I only had to apply it once throughout the day.  It's great to put on before bedtime as well just to keep moisturizing throughout the night.  The skin care products are available scented or unscented.  This would be a great for a teacher, a friend or for yourself "just because".  It's a great product for anyone who has dry skin and would like natural product to use on their skin.  They combine products into gift sets and wrap them in pretty gold gift bags!

Be sure to check out all of the products available from The Lost Creek Candle Company.  Their contact information is:

web page:  www.lostcreekcandleco.com
e-mail:  lostcreekcandles@aol.com

Charity
aka "Quality Mom"



No comments:

Post a Comment